Interested in future retreats or specialized study? Sign up for my newsletter!
Ayurveda Spring Season Renewal
Sunday, March 26, 2023 ~ 9:30am-12:30pm Pacific Time
In-Person Workshop ~ Sarah’s Yoga Loft, Snohomish, WA
Nature is dynamic and flows from one season to the next without much notice, yet the transition between seasons and the subtle variations of each season can have a significant impact on our physiology. For instance, spring is a season of growth defined by the presence and qualities of water and kapha dosha. When aggravated the water element can present challenges such as sluggishness, heaviness, and excess phlegm.
Ayurveda suggests an approach that requires attuning and responding to the qualities of the current season. Making necessary seasonal modifications is one of Ayurveda’s primary preventive health principles. Adapting your daily routine and diet to the current season can help manage the subtle variations of the season and transform the extremes that can prematurely weaken vitality and immunity into agents of change and renewal.
You are warmly invited to explore spring seasonal routines and the fundamental wisdom underlying these practices.
What is Included:
- Yoga Asana: stimulating twists and gentle backbends
- Pranayama: warming and balancing
- Ayurveda: spring seasonal routine and nutrition (agni & rasa or the six tastes)
- Tea & Kitchari: suitable for spring season (recipes included)
From the moment I arrived, and throughout the retreat, I felt uplifted with a gentle sense of well-being and possibility. Wendy designed a program that was restorative and energizing, while imparting new wisdom and healthful practices. This was a wonderful experience!Wes Siegal, VP Learning & Organizational Development, January, 2023 ‘Attune to Nature’ Weekend Retreat
I teach yoga, meditation, and Ayurveda as awareness practices, paths of inquiry, that lead to greater sensitivity, tolerance, understanding, and transformation. This approach is informed by forty years’ of practice and study, synthesizing my professional training in psychology, movement, and health science with these wisdom practices.
I currently live in Seattle, where I teach online classes, intensives, and regularly see clients for one-on-one consultations, online and in-person. For seventeen years, I was the steward of The Yoga Lodge, a teaching and retreat destination on Whidbey Island.
About Sarah’s Yoga Loft:
The loft is in a rural setting in Snohomish County, overlooking rolling green pastures and the Cascade Mountains. It is 34 miles northeast of Seattle and 30 miles southeast of Whidbey Island. Extend your stay and hike at Lord Hill Park and/or visit historic downtown Snohomish. Yoga props are provided on-site.
I offer 3-tiered Sliding Scale Payment Options based on your current financial status.
- $95 regular level
- $85 discounted level
- $75 supported level
Choose the level that is best for you now.
- Regular: This is the cost that I would charge all students in the absence of a sliding scale. If you choose a level below this tier, you are receiving a discount. This level of payment is for you if you have access to financial security and spend little time worried about securing necessities.
- Discounted: This level of payment is for those who are able to meet their basic needs but have little-to-no expendable income. Paying at this level may qualify as a sacrifice but it would not create a hardship.
- Supported: This is for those who struggle to meet basic needs such as housing, food, child care, health care, etc. Paying above this level would be a significant hardship. If this level is still prohibitive, please contact me regarding a scholarship.
Your payment is your registration. You will receive an email confirmation.
$25 of your payment is an administration fee. The remainder of your payment can be refunded for cancellation through March 19, 2023. There will be no refunds after March 19, 2023 unless we can fill your space with another participant from the waitlist. If we cancel the retreat for any reason, your payment will be refunded in full.
All are welcome! We will do our best to foster health for ourselves and each other. Please stay at home if you have any signs of illness. Masks are optional.