Integrating & Sustaining Practice Series
Wednesdays, April 8-29, 9:30-11:30 am OR Sundays, April 5-26, 2-4:00 pm
Half Moon Yoga, 221 Second Street, #7A, Langley, WA
Join me for a Spring series – Integrating and Sustaining Practice, in which you will receive guidance and support to in corporate conscious movement (yoga asana), awareness cultivation (meditation), and nature’s wisdom (Ayurveda) into your life on a daily basis.
Most of us in the West access yoga and its benefits through group classes. Classes are a great way to begin and develop a familiarity with yoga, meditation, and ayurveda. Yet the question I most often receive from students is how to deepen, integrate, and sustain these practices outside of class. This is an important question. It speaks to the roots and intention of these traditions that emphasize regular, sustained exploration of knowing oneself as both a unique and interconnected being.
Yoga, meditation, and Ayurveda are perfect companions for developing a conscious lifestyle that adapts to change, sources from wholeness, and incorporates the wisdom of reciprocity and sustainability. These experiential teachings have survived the test of time because they consistently work. The householder texts are particularly applicable for those of us with families and work responsibilities.
These practices are not only indispensable for personal growth and well being. They are essential for empowering us to engage in transforming the issues of our time.
What to Expect:
- Foundational teaching on a specific theme
- Personal exploration of the specific asana, meditation, and Ayurveda teaching for that session
- Time to identify one or several practices from that session to continue during the week
- Documentation to support 15-30 minutes of regular practice
- Opportunity to discuss experiences
This series is for anyone who has studied yoga for at least six months, who is ready to develop or refine a daily practice, and who is willing to show up regularly with beginner’s mind and an open heart.
Sliding Scale Tuition
Please specify Wednesday or Sunday preference. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Please connect with me about scholarship options.
A refund less a $25 administration fee is available until March 22, 2020. No refunds after March 22, 2020, unless you find someone to fill your space.
You are not required to attend the same day of the week for all four classes. You may attend either session each week and make up a classs in a different session.
If your are traveling from off island, make a weekend of it and stay at one of the inviting lodging options in Langley or camp.
- The Boatyard Inn https://www.boatyardinn.com/
- Saratoga Inn https://www.saratogainnlangley.com/
- The Inn at Langley https://innatlangley.com/
- Country Cottage of Langley https://www.acountrycottage.com/
- Camping at Island County Fairgrounds http://portofsouthwhidbey.com/facilities/fairgrounds-campground-south-whidbey/